We couldn’t do it without the help of wonderful volunteers! Volunteers are a big part in ensuring our sale runs smoothly and successfully for both the shopper and the consignor. Volunteers are needed to help before, during, and after the sale. Shifts will consist of 3 hours and are on a first come first serve basis.
Why should you volunteer? We are so glad you asked! Because we love our volunteers so much we want to make it worth your while to work our sale, we’ve set up a system where the more shifts you work, the greater the perks! A major perk of volunteering is that you get to shop before the public. This means that you will get your hands on those amazing deals before a lot of other ladies. The more shifts you work, the earlier you get to shop. You will receive a special pass to shop the volunteer pre-sale and you will get a pass to shop early at the 50% off discount day as well. As a consignor, another benefit of volunteering is increasing your earnings. Volunteer one 3 hour shift and increase your earnings from 60% to 65%. Volunteer two or more 3 hour shifts and increase your earnings to 70%. Did we also mention that volunteering is fun? Volunteer with a friend and make new ones as well.
- 3+ Shifts Volunteers shop at 11am
- 2+ Shifts Volunteers shop at 12pm
- 1+ Shifts Volunteers shop at 1pm
**Please note that every three hours worked is equal to one shift, any exceptions will be noted on our schedule.
**Also if you are NOT a consignor and would like to volunteer, you MUST complete at least one shift before the pre-sale.
We will be taking volunteer sign ups approximately 6 weeks before the sale. We will send an email notifying you that we are taking sign ups. If you aren’t on our email list yet please get yourself added!
Volunteers will be needed in the following areas
Before the sale:
- Drop Off/Check In- Are you detail oriented and have an eye for style? If so, then this job may be for you. We will have consignors dropping off their items at scheduled times; during those scheduled times as a volunteer you will help direct consignors and take in their items-you will be checking to make sure that all consigned items meet Scarlet Threads standards and are tagged correctly.
- Organize- Do you have a knack for organization? Prior to the sale help organize our consigned items according to size and category, placing them in their appropriate places on the sale floor.
During the sale:
- Sales Floor- Help keep the racks and displays in order and pleasant to the eye, return go backs, and help wherever needed.
- Dressing Area- During the sale we will have a dressing room area for customers, if volunteering in this area you will keep an eye on the dressing area including checking customers into the dressing area, returning go backs, and keeping the area organized.
After the Sale:
- Sort- Another detail oriented job, sorters will be responsible for sorting through all of the left over merchandise when the sale is over. Volunteers will sort items according to consignor number and group items together so that they are ready for consignor pick up. This is a crucial part of our event, as we want to ensure that we get all items back to the appropriate consignor. The sort will take place on our last sale day.
- Pick Up- Pick up volunteers will help direct consignors as they come to pick up their items after the sale and ensure that each consignor gets any merchandise that did not sell.
Can’t volunteer but still want to earn perks?
- Do you have a connection with a media outlet such as television, local newspaper, or radio station? Provide Scarlet Threads with a media connection such as an interview or feature and earn two 3 hour shift credits. Contact us for more info.
Rules of Volunteering
- Children are NOT allowed to come with you while you are volunteering.
- If you cannot make your shift please make every effort to replace your shift. If you cannot find a replacement please contact us asap. If you are a “no call/no show” for your shift, you will be prohibited from volunteer at future sales. In addition, consignors that do not make their volunteer shift will have $10 deducted from their earnings for every 3 hour shift that is missed.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- If you are NOT a consignor and would like to volunteer, you MUST complete at least one shift before the pre-sale.
Our Volunteers are what makes this event happen! Please take your commitment to volunteer seriously. If you cannot make your volunteer shift please remove yourself from our schedule by June 15, 2019 at 02:00pm.
If you have to cancel last minute for any reason, please try to find someone to take your place. If you are a “No Call/No Show” for your shift, you will be prohibited from volunteering at future sales. In addition, consignors that do not make their volunteer shift will have $10 deducted from their earnings for every 3 hour shift that is missed.
Tips for Volunteering
- Make sure you sign up for your volunteer shifts early so that you have prime pick, as times and days will fill quickly.
- Dress comfortably-wear comfortable shoes and attire as you will be standing for most of your shift and helping out with whatever you can.
- Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early so that you can sign in and get directions. Do not forget to sign in because this is the only way we will have record that you were there for your shift.
- You will receive your pre-sale passes when you drop off your consigned items or at your first volunteer shift.